DAPL04 – FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC DEGREE IN GRAPHICS
Objectives of the Course
The course allowes to achive a First Level Academic Degree in Graphics and have the purpose to let the students to acquire qualified competences and skills; the course have the purpose to teach the pluralism of languages and of innovative techniques of the contemporary art, in order to let the students to develop individual research and art production methods, both in traditional Graphic Art and drawing an in experimenting contemporary and multimedia graphics and, besides, in preservation and cataloguing of printing arts.
- Possess an adequate knowledge of the representation techniques related to chalcography, xylography, serigraphy, computer graphics, printing techniques, of the history and methodology of graphic processes and art printing;
- Possess the ability to work with different methodological tools, to research, develop and plan with an efficient learning method, useful to improve expressive languages and the most advanced technologies.
- Be fluent in one of the European Languages (in addition to the native language) at least;
- Possess adequate communication and organizational skills, particularly in using Information instruments.
Our students have the opportunity to work as freelance artists both in visual arts and creative activities or to get involved in external exhibition and international and national events, performing specific interventions in graphic works. The academies will plan ( in agreement with public and private institutions) stages and internships to let our students gain knowledge and experience.
Academies will plan (in agreement with public and private Institutions) stages and internships to let our students gain knowledge and experience and will set specific educational goals to achieve.
To be enrolled it is mandatory to possess:
- High School Diploma or any other degree, obtained abroad, if recognized as valid even with the international agreements;
- A knowledge of the fundamental graphic techniques is required to be admetted to the course; these abilities will be verified with the aptitude test. If the test won’t be passed, the school can provide additional educational goals to be achieved during the first Academic Year .
Academic Admission Test
Multiple Admission Tests foresee:
- choice questionnaire with questions based on general knowledge (50%) and on the specific subject of the School (50%);
- drawing test, on a subject chosen by the Commission;
- One or more graphic tests, using techniques chosen by each student. The tests can take place in more days and at the end applicants can be asked to undergo an aptitude interview.
The Final exam foresees:
- An artistic-planning thesis consisting of the producting works on a subject, specifically assigned by the Professor of the course of the course to which the student is enrolled;
- A thesis of historical – theoretical or methodological or technical – artistic nature, in the form of a short essay, in one of the disciplines included in the academic curriculum or in the personal study plan. The eventual subject of artistic production attached to the thesis will be functional to the specific character of the thesis itself.
Study Plan DAPL04 – FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC DIPLOMA IN GRAPHICS
|ABAV2||C||Engraving Techniques – Art Graphics 1||12||150 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Medieval Art||6||45 T.|
|ABTEC38||C||Digital Applications for Art||6||75 T.P.|
|ABAV4||C||Special Graphic Techniques||8||100 T.P.|
|ABPR30||C||Paper Techniques||4||50 T.P.|
|Basic Computer Science||4||30 T.|
|ABAV2||C||Engraving Techniques – Art Graphics 2||12||150 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Modern Art||6||45 T.|
|ABST58||B||Perception Theory and Form Psichology||6||45 T.|
|ABAV2||C||Experimental Chalcographic Techniques||6||75 T.P.|
|ABPC65||I||Mass Media Theory and Method||6||45 T.|
|ABPR19||I||Web design||6||75 T.P.|
|ABPR19||I||Graphic design||6||75 T.P.|
|ABPR19||I||Editorial Graphics Elements||6||75 T.P.|
|ABAV2||C||Engraving Techniques – Art Graphics 3||12||150 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Contemporary Art||6||45 T.|
|ABAV4||C||Printing Procedures Techniques||6||75 T.P.|
|ABTEC38||C||Digital Printing Techniques and Technologies||6||75 T.P.|
|ABST55||I||Cultural Antropology||6||45 T.|
|ABST52||B||History and Methodology of Art Criticism||6||45 T.
|Free choice courses, among the allied or additional teachings related to the specific plan of study and not selected as compulsory or among all the teachings included in the other plans of study; the student can even insert credits for the internship activities in this area (maximum 4 credits)||10|
|Total of credits, required in order to obtain the degree||180|
Activities: B= basic; C=characterizing; I= Allied or additional
Type of academic activities: T = theoretical; P = Practical; TP = theoretical-practical