DAPL01 – FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC DEGREE IN DECORATION
Objectives of the course
The course allowes to achive a First Level Academic Degree in Decoration which have the purpose to let the students to acquire a good knowledge of methods and artistic techniques as well as to acquire skills aimed at obtaining methodological and expressive knowledges for the use of tools and artistic activities, both in traditional techniques and in experimental new expressive languages. The course has the purpose to get an overview on general competences and techniques, aimed at improving artistic production, interventions on territory, environmental works, but also at developing the research about artistic and visual languages.
- Possess an appropriate technical-operative knowledge of methods and contents in arts, in techniques, in visual and plastic arts technologies, with particular reference to decoration;
- Possess the ability to work with different methodological tools, to research, develop and plan with an efficient learning method, useful to improve expressive languages and the most advanced technologies.
- Be fluent in one of the European Languages (in addition to the native language) at least;
- Possess adequate communication and organizational skills, particularly in using Information instruments.
Our students have the opportunity to work as freelance artists both in visual arts and creative activities or to get involved in external exhibition and international or national events, performing, planning and realizing specific interventions in painting works, also considering the interchange of traditional and contemporary technologies and new expressive languages .
Academies will plan (in agreement with public and private Institutions) stages and internships to let our students gain knowledge and experience and will set specific educational goals to achieve.
To be enrolled it is mandatory to possess:
- High School Diploma or any other degree, obtained abroad, if recognized as valid even with the international agreements;
- knowledge of the fundamental abilities, useful to be admetted to the course; these abilities will be tested with the aptitude test. If the test won’t be passed, the Institute can provide additional educational goals to be achieved during the first Academic Year .
Academic Admission Test
Admission Tests foresee:
- Multiple choice questionnaire with questions based on general knowledge (50%) and on the specific to the subject of the School (50%);
- Live drawing test with the use, or not, of living models o any other subject, chosen by the Commission;
- One or more graphic tests, using techniques chosen by each student. The tests can take place in more days and at the end applicants can be asked to undergo an aptitude interview.
The Final Exam foresees:
- An artistic-planning thesis consisting of the producting works on a subject, specifically assigned by the Professor of the course of the course to which the student is enrolled;
- A thesis of historical – theoretical or methodological or technical – artistic nature, in the form of a short essay, in one of the disciplines included in the academic curriculum or in the personal study plan. The eventual subject of artistic production attached to the thesis will be functional to the specific character of the thesis itself.
Study Plan DAPL03 – FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC DIPLOMA IN DECORATION
|ABAV5||C||Decoration 1||12||150 T.P.|
|ABAV1||B||Artistic Anatomy 1||6||75 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Medieval Art||6||45 T.|
|ABAV13||C||Ornamental Plastic 1||8||100 T.P.|
|ABAV6||C||Painting Techniques||8||100 T.P.|
|ABST48||C||History of Applied Arts||6||45 T.|
|Basic Computer Science||4||30 T.|
|ABAV5||C||Decoration 2||12||150 T.P.|
|ABAV1||B||Artistic Anatomy 2||6||75 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Modern Art||6||45 T.|
|ABAV12||I||Decoration Techniques||8||100 T.P.|
|ABAV13||C||Ornamental Plastic 2||6||75 T.P.|
|ABST51||B||Phenomenology of Contemporary Art||6||45 T.|
|ABAV2||C||Engraving Techniques – Art Graphics||8||100 T.P.|
|ABAV5||C||Decoration 3||12||150 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Contemporary Art||6||45 T.|
|ABVPA61||I||Cultural and Environmental Heritage||6||45 T.|
|ABVPA64||I||Museography OR||6||45 T.|
|ABST58||C||Perception Theory and Form Psichology||6||45 T.|
|Free choice courses, among the allied or additional teachings related to the specific plan of study and not selected as compulsory or among all the teachings included in the other plans of study; the student can even insert credits for the internship activities in this area (maximum 4 credits)||10|
|Total of credits, required in order to obtain the degree||180|
Activities: B= basic; C=characterizing; I= Allied or additional
Type of academic activities: T = theoretical; P = Practical; TP = theoretical-practical