DAPL04 – FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC DEGREE IN GRAPHICS – COMICS AND ILLUSTRATION
Objectives of the course
The course has the objective to form qualified artists and experts who, considering the variety and pluralism of languages and the innovations in techniques, will be able to develop their own individual research in graphic and drawing arts, through the experimentation on Multimedia and contemporary Graphics. They will be able to work on a variety of projects and apply their knowledge and experience testing dimensions of communication and linguistic symbols.
Graduates must have
- An appropriate knowledge regarding techniques of representation in photography ,computer graphics, editing techniques, historical and methodological knowledge of graphics processes regarding comics and illustration;
- The ability to work with different themes and techniques as well as a r;esearch, develop and plan with an efficient learning method useful to learn expressive languages and skills useful to understand expressive languages and advanced techniques and technologies
- e fluent in at least one European Language ( in addition to the first/native language)
- Be fluent in one of the European Languages (in addition to the native language) at least;
- Possess adequate communication and organizational skills, particularly in using Information instruments.
The career path provide students with methodological and planning skills to create and edit images through the artistic and media dimension. Specifically those skills will be used to create comics or illustrations from the concept stage to publication.
The huge amount of projects, approaches and opportunities on the program enable graduates to apply their knowledge in Multimedia Graphics and their experience as responsible of Editing projects ( also in telematic version ). That’s the peculiarity of this course rather than the traditional Graphic course . Our students have also the opportunity to work as freelance artists .
The Academy will plan, in agreement with public and private institutions, stages and internships to let our students gain knowledge and experience.
To be enrolled it is mandatory to possess:
- an High School Diploma or any other degree obtained abroad, if recognized as valid even with International Agreements;
- knowledge of the fundamental abilities, useful to be admetted to the course; these abilities will be tested with the aptitude test. If the test won’t be passed, the Institute can provide additional educational goals to be achieved during the first Academic Year .
Academic Admission Test
Admission exams consist of :
- an aptitude test meant to verify the candidates’ knowledge and competences related to drawing;
- a motivation and aptitude interview;
- presentation of a portfolio.
The Final Exam foresees:
- An artistic-planning thesis consisting of the producting works on a subject, specifically assigned by the Professor of the course of the course to which the student is enrolled;
- A thesis of historical – theoretical or methodological or technical – artistic nature, in the form of a short essay, in one of the disciplines included in the academic curriculum or in the personal study plan. The eventual subject of artistic production attached to the thesis will be functional to the specific character of the thesis itself.
DAPL02 – FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC DEGREE IN GRAPHICS – COMICS AND ILLUSTRATION
|ABAV2||C||Illustration 1||6||75 T.P.|
|ABAV4||C||Printing Procedures Techniques||6||75 T.P.|
|ABST51||C||Phenomenology of Contemporary Art||4||30 T.|
|ABTEC38||C||Computer Graphics||6||75 T.P.|
|ABTEC38||C||Digital Printing Techniques and Technologies||8||100 T.P.|
|ABPR20||I||Comic Book Art 1||8||100 T.P.|
|Basic Computer Science||4||30 T.|
|ABST58||B||Theory of Perception and Form Psichology||6||45 T.|
|ABST47||B||History of Drawing and Art Graphics||8||60 T.|
|ABAV2||C||Illustration 2||6||75 T.P.|
|ABAV2||C||Art Publishing||6||75 T.P.|
|ABTEC38||C||Digital Elaboration of the Image||8||100 T.P.|
|ABST52||C||History and Methodology of Art Criticism||6||45 T.|
|ABPC65||C||Communication Ethics||4||30 T.|
|ABPR20||I||Comic Book Art 2||8||100 T.P.|
|ABTEC41||I||Digital Modeling Techniques – computer 3D||8||100 T.P.|
|ABST47||B||History of Contemporary Art||6||45 T.|
|ABAV1||B||Anatomy of the Image||4||50 T.P.|
|ABAV2||C||Illustration 3||6||75 T.P.|
|ABAV2||C||Art Printing||6||75 T.P.|
|ABPR20||I||Comic Book Art 3||8||100 T.P.|
|ABPR19||I||Editorial Graphic Elements||6||75 T.P.|
|ABTEC38||I||Computer Art||6||75 T.P.|
|Free choice courses, among the allied or additional teachings related to the specific plan of study and not selected as compulsory or among all the teachings included in the other y plans of study; the student can even insert the credits for the internship activities in this area (maximum 4 credits)||10|
|Total of credits, required in order to obtain the degree||180|
Activities: B= basic; C=characterizing; I= Allied or additional
Type of academic activities: T = theoretical; P = Practical; TP = theoretical-practical